Popup iron anyone? Have you ever seen a popup iron? I recently purchased one. What a godsend this is.
A popup iron is great if you are a quilter or for anyone really. It works by touch. Turn it on and when you put your hand on it the cute little yellow feet go down and you are ready to press.
When you remove your hand it pops up. It saves so much time when quilting. I first saw Jenny Doan using one at Missouri Star and just had to have it.
I must say it is something you have to get used to. The only thing I would say is that if the iron is still hot but turned off it can be a little annoying because you are unable to us it to do that quick press you may need. All in all I think that is a small price to pay.
So where did I buy this delicious little thing? I got mine online. There was a shop here in Brisbane that sold them but it was about a 40 minute drive from where I live so I checked online and even with postage it was a little cheaper than at the shop. I love to support local businesses but really didn’t want to drive all that way. My popup iron arrived a couple of days after ordering.
I just checked and found they have them in Spotlight now, but I would not buy one from there as it is showing a price of $249 and I think I paid around $185 for mine including postage, so shop around.
- No need to keep lifting that iron on to its feet and back down again
- Start ironing as soon as you put your hand on it
- The color! So cute or should I say “sew cute”. The do come in other colors. I have seen a pink one but that may have been an earlier model. I personally love the yellow.
- Makes it so much quicker to iron the little pieces of fabric when quilting
- Put the water in while the iron is laying down, the spout to tip it in is nice and big
- When you just want to use the residual heat of the iron but have turned it off